Spine & Pain Clinic
Pain specialists are doctors who treat chronic pain, i.e., a pain which is not manageable for more than 3 months or longer than the natural course oh healing process. Chronic pain is multifactorial and usually treated by a team. At Clara Swain Mission Hospital we perform precise, image-guided, evidence-based, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, along with rehabilitation and follow up. In all our protocols, appropriate psychological screening, counseling, patient education and lifestyle modifications play an integral role in the overall recovery of the patient.
A few of the conditions we treat are as follows:
- Nerve injury related neuropathic pains, complex regional pain syndromes, etc.
- Diagnostic nerve blocks to determine the pain source ,e.g., nerve root blocks in the spine to detect which level is causing pain
- Lumbar canal stenosis
- Sacroiliac joint mediated pain
- Axial back and neck pain
- Lumber and cervical radiculopathies
- Tendinopathies, musculoskeletal pain and chronic fatique
- Myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia
- Neuropathic pain and neuralgias like Diabetic Neuropathy, Post Herpetic Neualgia, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Atypical Facial Pain and central pains, such as Central Post Stroke Pains
- Rheumatological conditions with refractory chronic pain
- Headaches mediated by involvement of the cervical spine, greater occipital neuralgias, etc.
- Vasculitis and unmanageable pain that may be amenable to diagnostic and therapeutic sympathetic blockade
- Management of pain in End Stage Renal and Liver Diseases
- Management of pain in Terminally ill patients
- Chronic post surgical –pains due to neuropathic or myofasical components
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Chronic Pelvic Pain in men and women
- Chronic Addominal Pain