Obstertrics & Gyneocology
Clara Swain Mission Hospital has a full fledged department that caters to all the healthcare need of women. The hospital attends to the need of women of all ages from adolescence, through the reproductive years and problem of older women. Other than the physiological differences, a woman’s body goes through many changes due to puberty, pregnancy and menopause. This gives rise to many distinctive health issue which have to be dealt with in the right prepective.
The Obstetric Services:
We provide a wide range of health care, educative and supportive services from preconception to pregnancy care, child, child birth and postpartum care. We have highly trained Obstetricians to monitor and look after patients with high-risk pregnancies. A high blood pressure, renal conditions, etc. Such mothers are at a higher risk of developing problems with the placental circulation and hence, intra-uterine growth restriction (IUGR) or sometimes increase in the fetal growth (usually seen with diabetic mothers).
- Genetic counselling
- Pre-conception counselling
- Intrapartum care
- Postnatal care
- Continuous electronic fetal heart monitoring facility
- Labour- cum- operation theatre
- Tertiary level neonatal intensive care back up
- Normal and caesarean birth
- Tertiary Level Intensive care unit for high risk Pregnancies,Anterpartem and Postpartem
- Blood Bank in house is a boon for high risk obstetrics
- High risk pregnancies: Pregnancy with Diabetes,Heart Disease,Jaundice,Pulmonary Disease,Severe Anemia,Pregnancy Induced Hypertension Eclampsia,IUGR are dealt with utmost expertise.
The team of Obstetrician , anaesthetists and nursing staff provide a 24 hours team approach to ensure individualized care. The pregnancy and labor are backed up by the NICU. All emergencies are trackled promptly and with utmost care.
Different Gynaecological operations and services are provided here
- abdominal hystertomy
- colposcopy,pop smear,liquid based cytology
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Cervical Cancer vaccination
- Abnormal uterine bleeding in all days
- Infertility Counceling and management
- Family planning services